Burnside Truck Center LTD, a part of Cherubini Group of Companies requires an energetic, motivated and career-minded Lead Hand who will be responsible for performing described roles within the time frame.
The Lead Hand is responsible for the effective supervision of production staff to ensure that quality standards and productivity requirements are met. Responsibilities will include the training of staff members in service methods, safety, policies and procedures, identification and correction of potential work problems and health and safety issues, along with some hands-on working opportunities. Through the effective management of targets, goals and service efficiencies, the Lead Hand will ensure the ongoing success of the shop floor. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
· Energy and Stress
· Team Work
· Quality Orientation
· Time Management
· Adaptability / Flexibility
· Creative and Innovative Thinking
· Decision Making and Judgement
· Planning and Organizing
· Problem Solving
· Result Focus
· Accountability and Dependability
· Ethics and Integrity
· Providing Consultation
· Coaching and Mentoring
· Staff Management
· Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
· Mathematical Reasoning
· Development and Continual Learning
· Supervise the activities of the production workers.
· Instruct subordinates on service best practices.
· Maintain and distribute up-to-date production requirement information to subordinates.
· Ensure quality of workmanship.
· Provide coaching and mentoring to all subordinate staff.
· Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
· Identify, investigate, correct and document potential environmental and safety problems.
· Establish methods to meet work schedules and coordinate work activities with other units.
· Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
· Provide information for production plans to ensure production objectives are met.
· Requisition materials and supplies.
· Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy.
· Review of attendance and support coaching on work conduct when required
· Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of service technology and techniques.
· Other duties as required.
· Minimum 5-7 years' experience in a related field.
· Minimum of 3 years' supervisory experience with demonstrated motivating, training, appraising and general supervisory skills.
· Completion of college/vocational or technical training.
· Possess a valid driver's license.
· Proven technical abilities.
· Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
· Experience with routine shop floor operations.
· Leadership ability and team building skills to effectively supervise professional and non-professional staff required.
· Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
· Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
· High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
· Able to find new methods and principles and ability to incorporate them into existing practices as needed.
· High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
· Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc.
· Strong negotiation and prioritization skills.
· Must be able to push, pull and move equipment and/or supplies in excess of 50 pounds.
· Must be able to distinguish colors.
· May be required to work in hazardous environments requiring protective equipment.
· May be exposed to dust, hazardous chemicals and high levels of noise.
· Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
· Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
· Overtime as required.